Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

krw wrote:
In article ,
says...
Han wrote:
Doug Winterburn wrote in news:zksBk.16947
:

It ain't just corporate America - our lawmakers have devised a scheme
whereby they have run up over $4 trillion of debt called "trust funds"
that they claim are assets. Same accounting deceitful practices used by
Enron. Been going on since FDR.

I don't think it was ever a trust fund in the sense of being set aside for
the future. That's just ostrich mentality. All it ever was was a way to
fund retirements from current workers' income taxes.

And now FICA taxes hould be leveled on ALL income, earned and unearned, so
the fat cats pay a little more of the War costs. Although it would mean I
would pay more taxes too.

The "fat cats" are already paying the "war costs".
I'd be all for that so long as:

1) The money *had* to be used to fund SS/Medicare/Medicaid and any
surplus had to be banked and untouchable for other purposes.

How exactly does the government "bank" anything?

What I meant was that any surplus derived hereby would have to be use
to accelerate the retirement of the SS system and /or pay for benefits.
It could not be redirected to general budget items. And, yes, the
government could "bank" money - they could open a savings account
Tim Daneliuk

PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/