Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: What's Next?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:25:11 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

2) A simultaneous program of phasing out all SS/Medicare over, say,
50 years was implemented to get government OUT of the business
of retirement - where it has neither any business nor Constitutional
authority to operate.

AFAIK, there are only two industrialized nations that do not provide
health care and pensions to all. Those are the United States and South
Africa.

Tim, I think you've got a bad case of "every one is out of step but me."

Yes, I know - you're going to tell me the Constitution doesn't allow it.
I happen to think you're wrong, but if you're right I think the
Constitution needs to be changed.

A document written for an agrarian society where life expectancy was 40 or
less and the medical establishment didn't even know about bacteria needs
to be interpreted to fit today's society.