Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Nico Coesel Nico Coesel is offline

Default Father/daughter talk...

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:56:41 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

but having some (government regulated) insurance that keeps
people on their feet is not.

Here you have a problem because the people you want to help 'keep on
their feet' do not pay an 'insurance premium' commensurate with the
'risk' (an exception to that might be worker's comp).

The last statistics I heard is that the bottom 40% pay no income taxes
at all but that is the group you most likely want to 'help'.

I think that is an error of your government. Over here everybody pays
an income dependant tax and other taxes even if the income comes from
social insurance or wellfare. Receiving either does imply the person
should actively look for work which keeps the system affordable (only
a few percent receive wellfare).

The top 20%, however, pay 80% of the income taxes and are the ones
routinely mentioned as 'who should pay', but are the least likely to
need 'help'.

I think your government picks the easiest fruits from the tree.
Relieve 80% of the voters and get elected. That won't 'fly' over here.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)