Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave + Gloria Dave + Gloria is offline

Default Fire extinguisher gas.

Why would you need more info? The whole point of having a fire extinguisher
is that it will work when and if you need it. Don't mess around. Take it to
a lic. accredited testing and refilling station. Don't know where to find
one! Ask a firey, go visit your local fire station.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Different extinguishers use different refil procedures. We would need a
lot
more information.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"terry" wrote in message
What type of gas is used to pressurize fire extinguishers?

Anybody ever top-up an extingusher using say CO2. This would be a
secondary (actually a third), back up domestic extingusher in addition
to the up to date two we have permanently mounted in a) Our kitchen b)
The workshop.

But we have an older one too good to throw away. Taking it in for
formal recharge which includes pressure test etc. will cost more than
buying a new, but of lesser quality, extinguisher. Which seems ironic!