Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

Tim Daneliuk wrote in news:6p1iq5-2572.ln1
@ozzie.tundraware.com:

At this point, it matters very little who is right or wrong. The
Big Government monsters are using this set of events to further
Federalize our nation. We have taken another gigantic step into the
hell of a collectivist nation - in large part to our own foolish greed
as individual citizens who want what we want without caring much whether
we are legitimately entitled to it.

I think we are much more alike than you suspect. I am for individual
responsibility, and I do think those who went in over their head should not
come off scott-free (sp?). But I still think the basic mistake for want of
a better word is not enough regulation and oversight. In a free market
there should be responsibility (enforced or natural) to prevent excesses
such as the savings and loan debacle, the dotcom bubble and now the housing
and debt bubble. To let the free market correct itself with boom and bust
is not good governance.

--
Best regards
Han