Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam[_3_] Adam[_3_] is offline

Default Bitumen roof felt alternative to bitumen DPC for deck?

Hi All,

On the last part of "preparing the ground" from this page:
http://tinyurl.com/homebase-decking
....it says "Place squares of bitumen DPC membrane over the top of the
concrete...".

I forgot to actually look up what this was (I now know "DPC" is damp-
proof-course) so was then wondering round B&Q looking for something
which looked plausible containing bitumen, and ended up with a roll of
bitumen shed felt. Is this a reasonable alternative? I notice on the
B&Q website the roof felt comes under the "damp proof" category.

Thanks a lot,
Adam