Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Peace will come when it’s gone

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:27:46 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

Overall, religion has done more good than harm. And since it's
probably wired into most humans, it's probably impossible to
eliminate.

Wired into us ? I knew it was a con trick by age 8 or therabouts. How I
finally came to that conclusion in a very literal way amuses me to this
day.

Graham

Well, it's not wired into everyone, but the majority of people believe
in some sort of God or some spiritual equivalent. Religion has been,
and remains, one of the most powerful forces in human relations.

Religion has evolved with civilization. Western religions especially
have been instrumental in fostering learning, science, and morality,
all of which have nurtured progress.

But if you were somehow able to eliminate it, I don't think humanity's
state would improve.

John