Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Roof - snow removal

On Sep 20, 5:32*pm, Pat wrote:
On Sep 20, 11:53*am, BuckK wrote:

I have a two-story home with a metal roof. *I bought the home three
years ago. *Every year ice builds up on the roof ans slowly slides
off. *Last year it became 6 inches thick and when it finally let go it
destroyed my metal bulkhead and damaged my chimney. *I'd like to
remove the snow before it turns to ice. *Is there a roof rake that
will reach the top of my house (the peak is almost 50 feet from the
ground)? *Any other alternatives?

Thanks!

If the snow is turning to ice, then you have heat. *Therefore, the
solution is to better ventilate your room and keep the snow as snow.

And insulate the sun?

The roof brackets another poster mentioned are called snowbirds or
snow guards. Here's one manufacturer's web site that has a nifty
little installation video. I've never used adhesive for attaching
them to a metal roof, but they have some pretty amazing adhesives out
there so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
http://snoblox-snojax.com/pages/snow...structions.php