Posted to alt.home.repair
Indio Bravo Indio Bravo is offline

Default Sinkhole Near Deep Well Pump

A sinkhole, now about 2 feet deep and approx. 4 feet wide by 5 feet
long, has formed within 5 feet from my deep well equipped with a
submersible pump over 100 feet down. My water supply has not been
affected so far and the pump is doing just fine, judging from the
strong water pressure in the house. Is this just coincidence, or has
the pump got something to do with it? We had a long drought here in
Northern VA followed by torrential rains about 2 weeks ago. Should I
be worried about this, and what can be done about it? Should I wait
until the pump stops working? Thanks for any help.