Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Roof - snow removal

On Sep 20, 11:53*am, BuckK wrote:
I have a two-story home with a metal roof. *I bought the home three
years ago. *Every year ice builds up on the roof ans slowly slides
off. *Last year it became 6 inches thick and when it finally let go it
destroyed my metal bulkhead and damaged my chimney. *I'd like to
remove the snow before it turns to ice. *Is there a roof rake that
will reach the top of my house (the peak is almost 50 feet from the
ground)? *Any other alternatives?

Thanks!

If the snow is turning to ice, then you have heat. Therefore, the
solution is to better ventilate your room and keep the snow as snow.