Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
mm mm is offline

Default Comcast Dropping Usenet

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 15:45:01 +1000, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:25:12 -0400, mm put
finger to keyboard and composed:

On 20 Sep 2008 23:43:01 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:00:47 -0400, mm wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:44:11 -0700, "nospam" wrote:

http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I'm gonna miss these two groups more than most.

Thanks for all the help over the last 15+ years.

Read my sig.

... if you had one.

The post you replied to had one. Does it have to have a blank line or
label that says sig for you to be able to tell?

I must confess that I didn't recognise your sig, either, until you
added the dash-dash-space.

- Franc Zabkar

I understand that. But you didn't think it so important that you
posted about it just to point out that I was wrong. You don't have
the troll-like nature the other two exhibited.

I only figured out on Tuesday that my service was cancelled; it took
until Thursday to pick an alternative, and until Saturday when I read
the start of this thread to decide to tell everyone how
Erols/RCN/Starpower had behaved. My post in this thread was the
first time I had used the sig, and so it had errors. Once I saw them,
I was able to correct them.
--
A tribute to Erols/RCN/Starpower which took away newsgroups,
without giving any notice, in advance or when they did it!!

And a real tribute to https://www.forteinc.com/apn/subscribe.php
which starts at 3 dollars for 12 gigs a month,
including alt, misc, the big 8 and everything else, 12 gigs is
far more than someone who dl's mostly text should ever need.