Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jim evans[_2_] jim evans[_2_] is offline

Default What Causes These Lines on My TV?

I have a 4 year old Sony CRT TV. Recently it began having lines
across the top of the screen when first turned on. At first the lines
would go away after an extended warmup -- they've quit going away. For
about the last 20 years I've quit getting TVs repaired. It usually
costs about half or more as much as a new TV and after it's fixed you
have an old TV. But, the set still has a good picture, so after only
four years, if this is an easy thing to fix I figured I might give it
a try. So, will this probably be an easy (read cheap) fix?

Here are pictures that illustrate the problem:
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1373/tvlines1om3.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5002/tvlines2jh2.jpg