Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products whichsurvive?

There was or still is a stretch of very high tension power lines in New Jersey
that handled 1 Million volts. It was a sight as we drove under them to visit
Dad at Bell Labs.

Near the end of a long trip and wondering what the heck. The area near the
lines were bare of all living plants. Not any grass. The High voltage
produced long lines of purple light about each of the three phases.

It was a test line being tested in the field. Thought of the national grid...

Electric field will excite gas - simply by adding energy to an electron - it
raising in a new quanta shell for a while and then when least expected
(uncertainly principle) fall from this elevated shell and return to the normal
level, giving off a frequency of light proportional to that of the change in
radius. Nitrogen is purplish. Neon is orangish and is busted to red-orange
by other chemicals.

The whole issue is to add energy to the atom within. RF or Heat or AF.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Winston wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

There are still areas up there where the RF levels are so hot at
ground level you can light a 4' fluorescent lamp just by taking it out
of the Faraday Cage of your car trunk.

Now that I would like to see!

Your wish is, etc.

http://www.bbceng.info/Operations/tr...on/rodtube.jpg

Thanks. Great picture. Funnily enough, it looks like a guy I knew at
university, but it can't be him.

Also works at Audio Frequencies:
http://www.goodlivingtips.co.uk/phot...hard_box_2.png

That picture looks fake. There's no indication of anything supporting
the tubes, and you would expect it to show, either as a shadow against
the brighter sky, or by reflected light from the tubes.

Best wishes,

Chris