Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products whichsurvive?

Winston wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

There are still areas up there where the RF levels are so hot at
ground level you can light a 4' fluorescent lamp just by taking it out
of the Faraday Cage of your car trunk.

Now that I would like to see!

Your wish is, etc.

http://www.bbceng.info/Operations/tr...on/rodtube.jpg

Thanks. Great picture. Funnily enough, it looks like a guy I knew at
university, but it can't be him.

Also works at Audio Frequencies:
http://www.goodlivingtips.co.uk/phot...hard_box_2.png

That picture looks fake. There's no indication of anything supporting
the tubes, and you would expect it to show, either as a shadow against
the brighter sky, or by reflected light from the tubes.

Best wishes,

Chris