Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Can I put a coffee warmer on a dimmer switch?

When you have something that says the resistance in a coffee warmer
varies by 10X, post a link.

I never said it did. I said it may. There is a difference.

I originally said "The 1500 watt heater upon startup may draw as much
as 10 times its normal current before the element heats up." I stand
by that because I said "may". I said may because we do not know what
the heating element is made of.

All you have to do is read the link. It gives resistance of various
heating elements. Going by this link I should of said "may be 15
times" instead of 10.

..
http://www.eurotherm.com/training/tu...heatermtls.htm