Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

Mike Marlow wrote:

Excellent points one and all. But - while they are all true, they only
point out the fundamental greed of the system and they only pessimistically
predict the future. What those points don't do though is explain the
suddenness of Lehman, AIG, Morgan, etc. That's what took everybody by
surprise. One would not have to agree with the prevailing practices to feel
more secure in the economy, up until Wall Street took a dive. That
suddenness is what I was making reference to in my statement.

Greed was only the motivation. What the greed produced was an unstable
structure without real support, like a house of cards. When it fails, it
doesn't fail slowly, one element at a time, but in an accelerating
cascade of failures. The suddenness shouldn't be a surprise.

It's worth noting that while Congress was aware of the mess all along
the way, it chose to not act to promote the interests of ordinary
citizens in a disturbingly bipartisan fashion.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar