Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Sky boxes

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:05:25 +0100 (BST) someone who may be "Dave
Liquorice" wrote this:-

Yep all good accurate stuff. With one small additional option a Sky
digibox without a viewing card. Without a card you can't see the Free To
View Channels (FTV), of the main stream ones this currently means Channel
4(*) and five.

The "Channel 4 stable" of channels was made free to air on the day
of the launch of Freesat. From memory it happened some time in
mid-morning. The exception is Channel 4 HD, which remains encrypted.

Channel 4 itself is not particularly obvious on a FTA receiver.
Unless they have changed things recently, instead of Channel 4 it is
identified as some four digit number. I have no intention of looking
that number up, anyone who needs to do so can do it. The other
channels of the "stable" do have a correct identification, E4+1 and
so on.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh