Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sky boxes

On 20/09/2008 08:24, Mike Dodd wrote:

Out of interest, has anyone any experience of Freesat and Freesat from
Sky?, I'd be curious (in passing only) as to the quality difference.

The quality of the signals is identical, because both freesat and
freesatfrom sky receive from the same transponders on the same
satellites (might be a couple of exceptions to that e.g. C4)

freesat and freesat from sky do use different EPGs, and obviously you
can't receive encrypted or FTV channels on a freesat box, just FTA.

I've seen some people complaining that the freesat boxes are lower
quality, I don't know if they're right, but you can judge that for
yourself in the shop.