Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jlfork@aol.com is offline

Default Deck stain improvement experiment

On Sep 19, 10:01�am, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

I can answer the MSDS question as I write a lot of them. Most likely the
technical/marketing folks did not tell the MSDS writer that they had a
new VOC number. The MSDS should still be good for the intended users of
the material if it satisfies OSHA's HAZCOM requirement.

As for you becoming a paint chemist - you are terminally stupid ;(

Why, thank you, Frank, for your comments. What a helpful fellow.
I don't need to be a chemist to determine proportions. I'll find out
soon enough if it's compatible.
What the hell do you care? It's my deck, my stain, my money, my labor,
and I'm not violating ANYBODY'S regs. If it fails, I'll sand it off
and go with the conventional approach (i.e., a better stain). If it
succeeds, you can bet I'll let everyone know about it. I'll report on
it every once in a while. First will be after it's mixed, applied, and
allowed to dry. Assuming that goes okay, it'll be every 6 months or
so. If it fails, I'll report that, too.