Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sky boxes

In article ,
Mike Dodd wrote:
Out of interest, has anyone any experience of Freesat and Freesat from
Sky?, I'd be curious (in passing only) as to the quality difference. I
know from my experience with Sky, that the quality of broadcasts often
leaves a lot to be desired (apparantly due to limited bandwidths, etc).

Sure it's not down to the quality of the programme being transmitted? Even
something that started out half decent - like a feature film - can suffer
from a poor transfer at some stage before transmission.

FreeView, on the other hand, does reduce the data rate on some channels.

This might be a useful decision point for someone investigating free
satellite broadcasting.

If you can DIY it's so cheap you can just see for yourself. A Lidl
satellite kit at about 60 quid gets most of the FTA stuff. And setting the
dish is easy.

--
*Geeks shall inherit the earth *

Dave Plowman London SW