Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Fire extinguisher gas.

Carbon tetrachloride - great extinguisher, would work on most anything,
except it would destroy the liver, and could extinguish the user.

"terry" wrote in message
On Sep 19, 8:30 pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
terry wrote:
What type of gas is used to pressurize fire extinguishers?

What kind of fire extinguisher is it? Gas? Foam? Water? Carbon tet?
(scratch the last, ISTR they don't use that anymore.)
_____________

Anybody ever top-up an extingusher using say CO2.

I would think so if it was a CO2 extinguisher.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Oops sorry about that:
It is a pressurized dry powder type B and C fires.
Have also just realized that this one, because we have another larger
one that had also lost it's pressure, has been discharged!
There is no way this has 2.5 lbs of Ammonium Phospate based dry powder
inside it! So this one must be tested and recharged or chucked out.
Still has a bit of pressure though! It's a nice metal rugged one with
good quality valve etc. Not one of those plastic handled thingies!
However the question may still apply to another larger 'Dry Chemical'
extinguisher.
Agree haven't seen carbon tet for years. Smelt horrible, carcinogenic?
Fellows used to take it out of those 'Hand pump Squirt type'
extingushers to clean electrical stuff. Or the carbon-tet was in
breakable glass globules in wall brackets!