Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Litebulb ripoff?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:57:27 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Joseph Gwinn writes:

Please don't confuse strategy with mouth-foaming.

My point is simply that the soliciting/bill-collection scum ringing my
phone oughta be horsewhipped, but it's not worth raising my heart rate to
so much as engage in a conversation with them, much less get
confrontational.

Yeah, I could threaten, or actually sue them for a $1K federal violation,
but life would be pretty grim doing that for a living. And no doubt they
are judgment-proof.

The one that really get to me are the ones that ring the doorbell
despite the "no soliciting" sign, then argue that they are not
soliciting. At this point I demonstrate that I AM capable of throwing
them across the property line onto the city road allowance. Had one
come back a couple hours latter to continue the discussion with second
son who has a shorter fuse that the old man.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada