Posted to rec.woodworking
CC CC is offline

Default Q splitter

"Upscale" wrote in message

"CC" wrote in message
I found that after learning what they were called and have bid on
them
thanks

One thing to check on if you're buying used and pick them up in
person. Make
sure the vertical part that's welded to the bottom piece isn't about
break off. They're the weakest part of the assembly. The two I have
never
reached that point, but I did notice how easily the vertical parts
would
bend where they were welded on. Repeated unintentional bending would
weaken
that area to the point of separating.

I will keep that in mind if I can find a set to look at first, I
emailed Jorgenson and they
said they had not made them in about 15 years or longer, They also did
not know of
anyone making anything similar. I'm trying to get a set used now, If
not, I will make something
that will work
CC