Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default O/T: What's Next?

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote in message
.45...

I love it.

Over the course of 12 hours, John McCain does a 180 degree four-wheel
locked-brake slide from saying "The economy is fundamentally sound" to
"This is the worst fiscal crisis since the Great Depression," and you
characterize it as 'altering course.'

With spin like that, you could get a job as a human gyroscope.

Why, thank you. Really - I find that to be a great phrase. Though... you
misunderstand my point. McCain didn't simply assume the former position
three or four days ago. He reversed a position that he held of some time.
He reversed it in light of very recent circumstances that nobody predicted,
or could predict. If you wish to see it as flip flopping, that's exactly
how you'll see it. It appears to me to be more of a response to events.

If the opposition candidate had done the same, you would excoriate his
action as a flip-flop of Titanic proportions. With full justification.

Why do you say that? You've never seen me do that, and you don't even know
enough about me to guess whether I'd do so, or not. Your projections are
showing, sir.

--

-Mike-