Posted to rec.woodworking
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Off Topic - Comcast Newsgroups Alternatives

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
I know that we have had this discussion before. But now that I am facing a
newsgroup amputation, I am getting a bit upset.

Any suggestions for an alternative newserver? Preferably something that
doesn't cost too much.

Thanks.

While not pertaining to your request per se, I'm actually welcoming it to
some degree. While I find the Usenet groups very handy for questions, I
find the idea of paying 8 bucks a month to read SPAM, trolls, and political
posts in this group to not be worth it at all - especially when the number
of wood related questions is almost non-existent.

Personally I'm going to drop all Usenet and see how it goes.