Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automobile dry gas substitute

One Sunday, I'm driving to church. My truck is hesitating and lurching. it's
winter, and I'm thinking water in the gasoline. I stop at Kmart. They are
sold out of drygas, aparently everyone else had water in the gas that day,
also. On the way out, I walked through the paint department. Sure enough,
quart of denatured alcohol for 3.99 or some price. I bought it. Pour in
about 12 ounces through a funnel, and it got me to church.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

As to drying the tank (after two or three water rinses). You have some
power with the generator you have. Put the nozzle on the discharge
side of a shop vac, and blow dry air into the gastank.

denatured alcohol will remove the water,too,if you have some of that
around.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik