Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Off Topic - Comcast Newsgroups Alternatives

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:32:35 -0700 (PDT), Tom Watson
wrote:

On Sep 18, 2:34*pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote:
I know that we have had this discussion before. But now that I am facing a
newsgroup amputation, I am getting a bit upset.

Any suggestions for an alternative newserver? *Preferably something that
doesn't cost too much.

Thanks.

I'm on comcast and haven't heard anything about newsgroups being cut?

Hi Tom,

I had not seen anything either, but indeed, it is true.
Comcast will eliminate its access to GigaNews on October 25.

Check he http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

All the best,
--
Kenneth