Tony Williams

Default Double glazing - two misted windows

In article ,
David Hearn wrote:

Incidentally - can they make units to quite small gaps still?
We've got some misted units from some double glazing that was done
11 years ago and the gap is quite small. Often wondered whether

they (your local glazier) could still make it so small - or whether
they're all set up now for doing the larger airgaps.

Could I jack a question onto this thread please?

We are currently getting quotes to replace our windows with double
glazed units. The reasons for going to d-g are to get away from
those ugly metal windows, replace the rotting 30 year old woodwork,
and to stop condensation on the glass. We have no draughts or
noise problems in this house.

We have not been offered sealed units by anyone.... always those
units with the drain slots along the bottom.

Is this going to be ok?

--
Tony Williams.