Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Off Topic - Comcast Newsgroups Alternatives

Swingman wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
I know that we have had this discussion before. But now that I am facing a
newsgroup amputation, I am getting a bit upset.

Any suggestions for an alternative newserver? Preferably something that
doesn't cost too much.

I'm partial to Giganews ... $7.99/mo for 2 GB. Much more than you need for
wRec/apbw combined. High retention rate, and excellent service and
reliability.

usenet-news.net sells access by the gigabyte, use any time with no
monthly rates or expiration date, includes both text and binary groups.
$5.00 gets you 10GB of downloads. $24.00 gets you 100 GB. $66.00
gets you 300 GB.