Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default PT: First as tradegy, second as farce

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:43:45 -0500, Ignoramus11155

On 2008-09-18, Ed Huntress wrote:
Sorry for starting a new political OT thread, but this one has had
me rolling on the floor all morning and I had to let it out.

The press is remarking today about the four-hour transition of John
McCain from an anti-regulation hawk to his new position calling for
tight federal regulation of the finance industry and an end to its
"greed." ("We're going to put an end to the abuses on Wall Street!
Enough is enough! We're going to put an end to the greed!") That
was the setup.

Due to very untimely financial and economic meltdown, McCain campaign
now is in full panic mode. The novelty of Sarah Palin is wearing off
and people are now concentrating on the bad economic news. It cannot
be good for his faltering campaign.

McCain is desperate to find his own theme, throwing away his long
held "principles", when these "principles" do not advance his
campaign.

Odd..I dont see any evidence of this. Could you please provide some
cites?

September 18, 2008
Op-Ed Columnist
The McCain of the Week
By GAIL COLLINS
VIENNA, Ohio

"The people of Ohio are the most productive in the world!" yelled John
McCain at a rally outside of Youngstown on Tuesday. Present company
perhaps
excluded, since the crowd was made up entirely of people who were at
liberty
in the middle of a workday.

Folks were wildly enthusiastic as the event began. That was partly because
Sarah Palin was also on the bill. (With Todd!) And when McCain took the
center stage, they were itching to cheer the war hero and boo all