Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Removing Gunk from Fuel Tank

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I suspect the splash of new gas, and pour out the crud would be a good
option. Remember, the guy is in the middle of a big power cut, and
most likely the stores aren't open to sell new anything.

Years ago, I used oven cleaner to clean a Tecumseh carburetor which
had been badly gummed up. A generous spray of oven cleaner into the
tank, water rinse, and then allow to dry. Could do the job. The oven
cleaner stripped all the green off the carb I had, and left it nice
and clean.

As to drying the tank (after two or three water rinses). You have some
power with the generator you have. Put the nozzle on the discharge
side of a shop vac, and blow dry air into the gastank.

denatured alcohol will remove the water,too,if you have some of that
around.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik