Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Health Care

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

snip

Sliding slightly off topic but...

Today I got my best A1c result ever. Still only 6.5, but this is only a
month
after I changed the way I was doing things.

Good number! Congrats, Mark.

snip

The result of these changes is I used to have
15U slow acting first thing
10U quick acting for breakfast
6U ditto for lunch
10U ditto for evening meal
three or four more top-ups during the day
15U slow acting before bed

Now I have
15U slow acting first thing
2-3 U quick acting adjustment in the morning
2U for lunch
8U evening meal
15U slow acting before bed.

You're on a sort of "grazing" routine. g I used to do something similar,
but it didn't work out for me.

My current routine is something like that, only with 5U of the slow-acting
in the morning. Any more and I have to snack all day long.

Anyway, I have this new, slick pump from Medtronic sitting here; I was
supposed to get the training for it today but ran into a schedule conflict,
so it's now next Tuesday. I'll let you know how it works out. It really
looks slick.

How are your eyes? I just went through a series of six laser eye surgeries
for retinopathy, and it was not bad at all. Right now, I can see as well as
I have for 20 years, and I'm hopeful.

--
Ed Huntress