Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products which survive?

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Christopher Tidy
wrote on Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:31:31 +0000
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
pyotr filipivich wrote:

The cheap/bad stuff wore out years ago.

The interesting question is, how much of this bad old stuff was there?

Well, considering that, according to Sturgeon's Law "90% of
everything is crap" - I'd say about one item in ten wasn't.
There is also the issue of "what it was made of". Stuff which
rotted, regardless of quality, is more often lost than the tuff which
doesn't.

there is also the "favorite tee-short" issue. That is to say,
have you ever noticed that your favorite tee-shirt, which you wear
daily, turns to rags long before the crappy one you never wear?

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed