Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Sink Materials

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:40:57 -0700 (PDT), mike
wrote:

Stainless steel will look the best in the long run. White sinks get a
dingy, grungy look way too easily. Stainless cleans up easily.
Besides, stainless steel below the counter won't look nearly as
"industrial" as a giant stainless steel refrigerator.

This is our experience as well; we are very happy with our undermount
stainless steel sink after living with a nice white, but
maintenance-intensive high-end Kohler cast iron sink. Life is a lot
easier with the stainless, and the sink really isn't that visible
relative to other appliances/elements in the kitchen (plus we do have
a high-end stainless GE range hood and a pair of high-end stainless
pendant lights to go with a stainless-topped center table).