Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Removing Gunk from Fuel Tank

using gravel is a time tested method. Been there, done that dozens of times
on small tanks. The old timers used it almost exclusively to clean gas
tanks. Judging from who you got that reply from, I'd just ignore it. I do,
i have him filtered.

wrote in message

MEK, Zylol, Laquer thinner, will work, gravel will put in alot of dirt
that may have issues, what you have now is nasty sludge and there is
no clear answer but power washing it out and drying it. Have fun

clean gravel will put n dirt? Please explain. I've been doing it that
way for over 40 years. No dirt. Not sure how long the old coot who
first showed me did it before that. I think he pre-dated the
automobile. No dirt.