Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Bearcat BC855XLT Loosing Memory

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:08:01 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a Bearcat BC 855XLT scanner (scanning radio) in my service shop.
No schematic. The radio lost all it's memory, but I was able to reprogram
some of the channels and the radio works.

The OM says, "A unique capacitor type memory back-up eliminates the need
for batteries". I suspect that maybe this capacitor is going bad(?), but
since I don't have a schematic, I have no idea where this capacitor is
located.

There are some Uniden Bearcat service manuals he
http://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=uniden

Your model's SM is not listed, but maybe a similar memory backup
scheme is used in other models. Be aware that the above site allows
only one free download in 4 days.

- Franc Zabkar