Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default A rhetorical question

Larry Jaques wrote:

Saw guys working a lot less hard than I was for more money. Was
told they were "machinists". Went to MATC,

http://www.google.com/search?q=matc Which MATC? g

www.matc.edu

got As, got lathe job, NOT at B&S, now I push around a mouse as
CNC programmer and IT guy.

I went to UTI for auto mechanics and ended up programming websites.
When it slowed down, I got my contractor's license and became blue
collar again. I now run both companies and almost stay afloat.
sigh

Been a manager, been a supervisor, not my bag. Let the boss handle the
aggravation as long as he keeps giving me raises, bonuses(boni?) and
extra paid days off at review time.

David