Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default HF tubing roller - follow up

Sounds about right. I'd have called them,(with the product SKU and the
part item numbers) though. (you might have been able to get a ball park
price quote if you are patient and polite). I can't promise anything,
but I've done this many times and the prices have always been
reasonable, in my opinion. Besides, you do get a chance to say "no".
And, if for some reason, the parts don't come as promised, you get
another card giving you the choice of waiting longer or cancelling.

Obviously this isn't the way to do it if you are in hurry, but I
think a good part of the wait time is for the overseas company to make
them the next time they run that product. I suspect that they do have
some high volume parts closer at hand, but the thing that you and I are
doing is stressing their system. Parts such as these rollers probably
don't fail often, so they are handled as "lumpy demand" items, those
that are only ordered in spurts, with, sometimes, years between orders.

Don't tell anyone else what we are doing or HF might quit supplying
parts this way!!!

Pete Stanaitis
---------------

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I had an idea: HF sells parts for their tools & the tubing roller manual
has the part numbers. I could just buy the rollers & make my own
bender, if the cost of the rollers was reasonable. I emailed them for
the prices & got this response:
"The parts you are inquiring about will need to be special ordered. We
do not have pricing or availability at this time. I will be happy to
place a parts order for you and when pricing is available you will be
mailed a card, to advise you of the price. At that time, you can decide
if you would like us to order the part for you from our vendor. ...
Please be advised, that special order parts take approximately 6 to 8
weeks for delivery."

Bob