Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A rhetorical question

Larry Jaques wrote:
Look at the DR mower, DoN. They're very nice. You can buy a
self-propelled model but it's just as hard to work as the human
propelled model due to its smaller wheels.

I have an older DR mower. Very much older - one of the design
parameters looks to be: it had to be built with a bandsaw, drill press &
welder. It is self propelled, but single speed (the new ones are 3F &
1R, I think!). It has large wheels (16"?) & 8hp engine! Works very
well: it will run right through weeds & berry bushes 4' high. I've cut
down a 1" tree with it (since it couldn't push it over, I had to rear it
up to expose the blade).

Bob
--
Nota for President