Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Gareth wrote:

I can't find any solution to this problem - the toilet cistern seems to
be a bit too far forward for the seat to stay up.

I've tried altering the position of the fixings (and even lost a double
hole washer down the toilet in the process - and can't find anywhere to
buy a replacement!)

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to solve it without
raising the cistern?

We have the same problem except the plank that did the bathroom before
we had the house actually put the toilet in on a forward tilting angle
then fitted slate floor tiles cut around (and up) the base of the toilet.

I have a theory that all bathrooms are designed by a woman. Their
attention to detail means that the toilet seat is always in the down
position :-(

So, we have a 6 yr old weeing on the seat. Myself I do a ladies (or
lazyman) style wee and 'er don't even know there's anything wrong with
it as she's never attempted weeing standing up.

Did you never see the film 'The Full Monty? Where the young lad is in a
cubical watching a woman peeing like a man does. Hitches skirt up, drops
knickers almost to the floor and then pees onto the back of the urinals.

Dave