Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

Terry Fields wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:30:06 UTC, Roger
wrote:

There is indeed a strong link between Solutrean artifacts and very
similar items in America and there is some mitochondrial DNA linkage
between several native American tribes and some modern European groups
but as with any hypothesis for which there is absolutely no evidence
there is some dispute about whether the the Solutreans ever made it from
Europe to America at all let alone whether they did it by land or sea.
Nor that they used kayaks.

Can't you just accept that you have a religious belief about climate
change, or whatever it's called this week, and Terry has a different
one? Religions rarely ever agree.

Some two or three years ago I researched as best I could the published
evidence for and against 'global warming', as it was called then.

i was shocked at the flaky nature of the pro-warming 'evidence' (which
I mentoined elsewhere) and the vituperation launched against those
scientists that spoke out against it.

That tells anyone who actually understands science, how little you do.

There is no more to be said.

I drew the conclusion that CO2-based 'global warming' was a load of
rubbish, driven by some other agenda, and have seen nothing to make me
change my mind since then.

What you fail to realise, is that the 'there is no CO2 driven global
warming' is another agenda driven by peole who have other ideas tat are
more about short term profit.

You have become their sock puppet.

What does come across is the nature of the attack by those who do
believe it on those who don't.

Or vice versa.

Oh, by the way when was the last time you could actually take a boat to
the North Pole?

And how does that fit in with your 'no global warming' thesis.