Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian[_8_] Ian[_8_] is offline

Default Toilet seat not staying up?

"Gareth" wrote in message
I can't find any solution to this problem - the toilet cistern seems to be
a bit too far forward for the seat to stay up.

I've tried altering the position of the fixings (and even lost a double
hole washer down the toilet in the process - and can't find anywhere to
buy a replacement!)

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to solve it without
raising the cistern?

There is only one way to do that! It might appear odd, but glue a couple of
small
strong magnets to the cistern on an underside edge. Attach a small piece of
metal
the the toilet seat, maybe bending it around on an inside edge at the front
and glue
it. Then the seat will stay up. Or you could glue a few strong magnets to
the
back of the seat when it is flat, then put a small piece of metal (painted
to match)
on the rear of the toilet. Those really strong small magnets will easily
hold it.