Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default HF tubing roller

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
news:qcUzk.331$8v5.166@trnddc01...

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

It has rollers for 1/2", 1", and 1-1/4" tubing, according to the
catalog. Or 1", 1 1/2", & 2" according to the manual.

I've emailed HF Technical Support about the sizes. I'll post when I
hear. Bob

Just in: "COMES WITH 1/2", 1" AND 1-1/4" ROLLERS". I.e., the catalog
listing is right & the manual wrong. I wonder how confident one can be
with this answer? 'Though I suppose the manual could be a re-use of one
for a 1, 1-1/2, 2" tubing roller.

Bob

It also depends on how you're measuring the tubing. The HF hydraulic
bender that I had stated pretty much the same thing but when bending 11/4"
tubing for roll cages none of the dies were a really good fit, even though
it said 11/4" on the die. Some tubing is measured by O.D. while some is
measured by I.D., and there's a world of difference between them.

Jim

Tubing is measured by the OD. Pipe, up through 12" diameter, is measured
by the ID, but you have to understand pipe lingo for that to make sense.

Harold

I knew that, but some might not have. I've heard people describe tubing
as pipe and vice-versa. That's kinda why I posted that admonition.

Jim