Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products which survive?

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
But again, when modern TVs do break they're often impossible to repair.

Don't confuse "impossible to repair" with "uneconomical to repair" They are
two very different things. I can't prove it, but I have little doubt that most
TVs are junked with fairly minor problems, easily repaired by someone with the
proper skills and knowledge and with access to the proper parts and information.
The problem is, even that simple repair would cost vaguely as much as a new TV.
Therefore, TV repair shops (except for warranty service depots) are a dying
breed.

Vaughn