Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products whichsurvive?

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

snip

It's a mixed bag. Cars are much better, and fishing reels are, too. But
wooden matches have gone to hell. Toasters today are complete crap
compared to the old ones.

Actually, good toasters are out there. I just bought one where all the
parts are individually replaceable and I'm really pleased with it. Here's
a pictu
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/...t_4ATW-131.jpg

Umm....look sturdy, Boris. Not like those weak and effeminate appliances
made by the degenerate capitalist imperialists...

It's a Rowlett Rutland "Regent" 4ATW-131. I got it at more than 50% off.
Not sure if they export to the USA, though.

It looks like something made in a country we're boycotting. But I'll bet it
would stand up in a hurricane.

It does look a bit Eastern Bloc, doesn't it? But actually it's made in
England. You're not boycotting England just yet, are you?

Best wishes,

Chris