Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products whichsurvive?

David Billington wrote:

Nice toaster Chris. I have seen some quite expensive commercial toasters
in a local kitchen shop and I suspect they were this range
http://www.rowlettrutland.co.uk/comm...rs_esprit.html ,
nice but I don't do that much toast to justify the price but if
catering I would expect it would pay for itself. Shame they don't do
kettles although my old Morphy Richards stainless steel kettle is still
going strong, it came with my house 16 years ago and was 2nd hand then,
its only needed a new connector to the element. I suspect the
replacement elements will be obsolete by the time it goes, if it isn't
already.

I couldn't really have justified it except that it was more than 50%
off. If you keep an eye out, they do come up for sale at reduced prices
sometimes.

Best wishes,

Chris