Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of ********

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Terry Fields
saying something like:

Ah, here it is....Sunday evening, BBC2, "Earth: The Climate Wars",
2/3, Fightback, presenter Dr Iain Stewart.

I've just checked, and yes, Dr Iain Stewart says that the solar wind
'blows away the cosmic rays' (about 47 minutes in). But he uses the
argument that currently, planetary temperatures are on the increase,
but solar activity is level, thus debunking the effect of solar
activity on global warming.

You have to listen for the weasel words...slipped in somewhere, global
warming is 'partly' due to human activity, without saying what the
other effects are.

What he doesn't even mention is a) why the planet has cooled by 0.7
degC in the last year (NASA figures?), and why the planet warmed after
the Salutrians paddled in their kayaks from the south of France to
mid-North America along the edge of the ice-pack, about 20,000 years
ago. No man-made global-warming then!

Am I the only one that finds Iain Stewart an annoying git?

NO!