Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Looking to switch from Radiant to baseboard heat

On Sep 17, 7:37*am, "djvjr" u46278@uwe wrote:
I am looking to update my heating system in my home. *I live in a ranch house
that is approximately 5500 sq/ft. The downstairs (~2000 sq/ft) is finished
and has radiant heat in the floor. *The upstairs (~3500 sq/ft) has radiant
heat in the ceiling which I am considering replacing to a baseboard style.. *

I am thinking of installing an under cabinet toe kick heater(s) in my kitchen.

In my living room/dining room which the back outside wall is all windows, * I
am looking at either a floor vector or the in floor cabinet.

Should I just stay with the radiant in the ceiling? Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Radiant in ceiling, so its unheated above? That wastes a major portion
of your heat-money up and out. What you have on the first floor is
best, in floor. Are you running a low temp around 110f with pipe in
the floor as the radiator, the large cast iron radiators I have are
hardly warm at 110f, radiant in floor pipe operates at much lower
temps. I think a conversion will pay for itself over time. To bad you
cant consider floor radiant for the second floor, maybe there is a
way.