Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
aarcuda69062 aarcuda69062 is offline

Default A rhetorical question

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:05:36 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"David R.Birch" quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Ah, a Briggs Boy. Maybe you can help. I inherited a free riding
mower with a blown engine. Are the 14.5 horse engines worth
rebuilding, or should I just replace it? The old owner said it made
a very loud noise and blew oil all over as it quit. He was working
on a slope. I did a quick visual and can't find any rods sticking
out the case, but there is no compression. So, do these beasties
usually tear themselves to shreds when they break, or are they
pretty sturdy and inexpensive to repair? I still have all my tools
from my auto repair days.

Model 287707, Type 022701, Code 9502154A ('95 KGRO PowerPro T4315)

Thanks for any info you can impart.

Sorry, no clue, I was a trucker, which meant I pushed around heavy
loads of parts. Neck size went up 2" in 6 months, waist fat was
converted to shoulder muscle.

Got it. Thanks anyway.

Learned why I never wanted to be in a union shop again.

Saw guys working a lot less hard than I was for more money. Was told
they were "machinists". Went to MATC,

http://www.google.com/search?q=matc Which MATC? g

Milwaukee, the first hit...
Campuses in downtown Milwaukee, the south side of Milwaukee (near the
airport) and Mequon (ritzy northern suburb).

got As, got lathe job, NOT at
B&S, now I push around a mouse as CNC programmer and IT guy.

I went to UTI for auto mechanics and ended up programming websites.
When it slowed down, I got my contractor's license and became blue
collar again. I now run both companies and almost stay afloat. sigh

With new car sales in the dumpster, I'm having the best year ever.

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.