Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer[_3_] The Wanderer[_3_] is offline

Default Ultrasonic measures mit laser dot

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:40:43 +0100, Bruce wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:28:41 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Anyone have any specific knowledge/experience of ultrasonic measures?

I'm looking for a simple accurate way of measuring things like door frames,
alcoves, cupboard interiors etc rather than complete rooms.

Err ain't that what a tape measure's for?

A tape measure often needs someone to hold the 'silly' end, or you
struggle on your own. With a laser or ultrasonic measure, you can do
it single handed.

That's why they are so popular with surveyors, carpet fitting
estimators and ... handymen.

' I'm looking for a simple accurate way of measuring things like door
frames, alcoves, cupboard interiors etc rather than complete rooms.'

A 1" tape will quite happily support itself over short distances. As others
have commented, and based on my own experience, there can be quite a wide
margin of error with ultrasomnic devices, unless, I guess, you're using a
high spec model.

--
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

the dot wanderer at tesco dot net